GaMEP offers training courses for manufacturing leaders and team members on topics related to process improvement, quality, advanced technology, energy management, sustainability, and more. Courses are conducted throughout the year at our Atlanta campus as well as custom courses held at your location. We also offer a Manufacturing Leadership Certificate to educate new or rising leaders of a company or those needing a refresher in how to lead, support, and sustain continuous-improvement efforts across the entire manufacturing plant.
Do you have individuals who need training? If so, the benefits of sending them to GaMEP’s open enrollment training include:
- Intensive sessions so they can quickly gain knowledge to share with other team members.
- Benchmarking against manufacturers from around the state and/or country while attending the classes.
- Learning through classroom work and hands-on simulations, allowing them to translate the material to a real-world setting.
- Small class sizes, as GaMEP caps enrollment at 20 people per course, so that everyone can participate in the simulations, ask questions, and work closely with the instructors to achieve a comprehensive knowledge of the subject.
Do you need to train multiple people from your company at one time or do you prefer customized training?
GaMEP can bring any of our courses to your facility, and many of our services can be converted into onsite training for you and your team. By having GaMEP come on-site, you can train more employees and customize the material and case studies to meet your organization’s needs. For more information on customized training courses at your plant, contact GaMEP.
GaMEP Open Enrollment Training Courses
- Leading for Organizational Excellence – Gain an understanding of the basic framework of effective leadership and the importance of building and engaging leadership teams within your organization.
- Creating Metrics to Drive Performance – Translate business and manufacturing information in a way that improves decision making and guides the organization toward achieving its strategic objectives.
- Best Practices in Workforce Development – Learn how to hire, train, and coach employees as part of a strategic plan for organizational excellence.
Lean / Process Improvement
- Lean Boot Camp – Apply common lean tools and techniques (VSM, 6S, Set-up Reduction, TPM) through interactive simulations and learn how to apply them using rapid process improvement (Kaizen) events.
- Advanced Lean Boot Camp: Training the Continuous Improvement Leader – Empower your team and provide them with the necessary tools to facilitate change in your manufacturing plant, and gain the managerial and technical knowledge needed to lead your team through lean processes.
- Lean Office and Administration – Discover how lean techniques can help make your office operate more efficiently and enhance your company’s ability to compete.
- Lean Tools for Product Development – Understand how to apply lean tools to the product development process to streamline flow from design all the way to manufacturing readiness.
- Streamlining the Project Management Process for Manufacturing – Learn efficient project management techniques focused on reducing risk, improving communication, and reducing project completion times.
- Root Cause Analysis – Learn a proven problem-solving process to get to the source of issues, and then develop a plan to fix the problem instead of just finding a temporary solution.
- ISO 9001:2015 Internal Quality Auditing – Implement an internal auditing process to help your company improve problem solving, targeted decision making, and overall system performance.
- ISO 9001:2015 Lead Auditor Training – Learn how to approach ISO 9001:2015 registration from the professional lead auditor’s point of view and focus on key audit skills that enhance auditing capability.
- Implementing Your ISO 9001:2015 System – Develop an implementation plan that will meet the new ISO 9001:2015 requirements and prepare you for your certification audit.
Quality Core Tools
- Advance Product Quality Planning (APQP) and Control Plan– Gain an understanding of basic industry requirements for achieving part approval from your customer. Also learn how to create a control plan, which is a document describing the critical to quality characteristics of the part or process.
- Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA)– Learn the analytical methodology used to ensure that potential problems have been considered and addressed throughout the product and process development process.
- Measurement System Analysis (MSA)– Improve your measurement process by assessing the quality of your measurement systems, providing a basis for recognizing where improvements can be made.
- Statistical Process Control (SPC)– Implement statistical techniques, such as control charts, to analyze a process or its output and take appropriate actions to achieve and maintain a state of statistical control and to improve the process capability.
- Production Part Approval Process (PPAP)– Discover how the industry standard ensures that engineering design and product specification requirements are met.
- Details of ISO 14001:2015 Requirements – Learn to identify your organization’s opportunities to meet requirements for ISO 14001 and gain an understanding of successful implementation factors.
- 14001 Lead Auditor TPECS – Designed for those who want to receive a comprehensive training in the theory and practice of auditing using the ISO 14001:2015 standard. Understand the responsibilities of an environmental auditor as well as the techniques and methodologies required to effectively audit an EMS.
- 14001:2015 Internal Audit TPECS – Designed for those responsible for planning and scheduling an audit program but also conducting and leading management system audits for an environmental management system.
- ISO 50001 Energy Lead Auditor Training – Evaluate an energy management system and energy performance. Plan and perform an audit and be prepared to take the ISO 50001 Auditor Personal Certification Exam.
- Certified Practitioner in Energy Management Systems – Acquire the knowledge competencies of a CP EnMS and focus on performance skills needed to implement ISO 50001 and the SEP program requirements.
- Introduction to ISO 50001 + Basic Energy (online) – Gain knowledge of foundational energy management terminology and concepts as well as basic elements of ISO 50001.
- Introduction to ISO 50001 (online) – Learn about ISO 50001 and how it relates to management responsibility, energy policy and planning, implementation and operations, and management review.
- Superior Energy Performance (SEP) Verifier Training – Prepare to become an SEP – Performance Verifier and learn to apply energy-efficiency engineering and statistics to the functions of a performance verifier.
- SEP Update Course (online) – Receive updates to the SEP suite of documents and be able to help organizations meet or audit the new requirements.
Technology and Advanced Manufacturing
- Integrating Additive Manufacturing with Traditional Manufacturing (online) – Understand which factors to consider, including cost and logistics, when incorporating additive manufacturing into a traditional manufacturing operation.
- Additive Manufacturing as a Secondary Process (online) – Find out how manufacturers use additive manufacturing as a secondary or indirect process, including its advantages and disadvantages.
- Industrial Network Integration (online) – Discover common ways networks are used for manufacturing as well as practical network concerns and technology that allow industrial networks to function correctly.
- Introduction to Composites (online) – Learn about the basic materials used to make composites, how composites are processed, and the applications of composites in various markets.
- Automated Systems and Control (online) – Identify the common methods of industrial automation, describe the available technologies, and explain how they are applied in manufacturing.
- Applications for Robots (online) – Acquire an understanding of industrial robots, the pros and cons of using robots, and learn about their basic capabilities.
Food Safety and Quality
- Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP) for Food and Beverage Manufacturing – Create a HACCP food safety plan for controlling severe hazards in your food manufacturing process and achieving compliance with governmental agencies (FDA, USDA, and Ga. Dept. of Agriculture.)
- Good Manufacturing Practices – Learn current cGMPs, as required by the FSMA’s rule on Preventive Controls for Humans Food, while understanding the hazards associated with personnel and environment during food production.
- Food Allergens – Understand why some food proteins cause an allergenic reaction and how to develop an Allergen Control program including, necessary documentation, internal auditing, employee training requirements, and practical implementation, to ensure a robust and sustainable system.
- Food Recall and Crisis Management – Gain the tools needed to create a robust Food Recall and Crisis Management Program to meet regulatory requirements, mitigate damage, and improve business continuity.