Preventive Controls Qualified Individual Certification Class
The FDA’s Food Safety Modernization Act requires each FDA registered, food facility to designate a Preventive Control Qualified Individual (PCQI). This individual is responsible for the development, oversight and management of the Food Safety Plan and required to have training and experience that exceeds existing HACCP based systems. In order to become a PCQI, the following two things need to happen:
- Complete Part 1: Online Training Course (FSPCA Preventive Controls for Human Food) – a link to this course will be provided to you once you fill out the form below. Part 1 is $198 and is not a GaMEP course.
- Complete Part 2: One-Day Live Webcast. Taught and billed by GaMEP.
- Date: TBA
- Time: 8 am – 5 pm EST (check-in 7:45 a.m.)
- Location: Online, Live Webcast
- Cost: $395 (Contract of Services will be sent to you for signature before the Instructor-led class, Part 2)
- Prerequisite: You must complete Part 1 before moving onto Part 2 (complete form below)
The following is required to successfully complete Part 2 (one-day live webcast) and to obtain the PCQI Certification:
- Internet and computer capabilities
- Actively attend and participate (including chatroom responses and oral responses through audio AND video during the instructor-led course (on ZOOM)
- FSPCA Human Food Participant Manual Version 1.2 and workbook are required. You can buy the materials here or ask the instructors for a PDF version.
- Access to ZOOM and loaded before class begins: https://www.zoom.us/
- Agree to being recorded during the class as this is required by FSPCA as proof of class instruction
- Provide government issued identification (state driver’s license or passport)
- Part 1 submitted to instructor (Wendy White – ude.hcetagnull@etihww) seven days before Part 2 class
- Camera must stay on during the whole course instruction period
Missing or delayed responses to questions, exercises, and activities is considered an absence and the class fees are forfeited with no certificate from the instructor.
- 7:45am: Checking – Everyone logs into the Zoom meeting
- 8:00am: Class Begins
- 10:15am-10:30am: Break
- 12:00pm-1:00pm: Lunch (please set aside 30 mins to work on the hazard analysis)
- 1:00pm: Class Resumes
- 2:15pm-2:30pm: Break
- 5:00pm: Adjourn