GaMEP offers two peer-to-peer programs to help you learn from other manufacturers throughout the state: the Advanced Manufacturing Consortium and the CEO Roundtable.
Advanced Manufacturing Consortium
The Advanced Manufacturing Consortium is the largest member-based, lean-focused community in Georgia and helps manufacturers grow their business through lean initiatives. By joining one of GaMEP’s nine Advanced Manufacturing Consortium groups (based on where your company is located), you will:
- Get a first-hand look at the operations of multiple manufacturing plants, generating ideas that you can take back to your facility.
- Use lean strategies to create organizational alignment and structure.
- Deepen your knowledge of technology that could help your company grow.
- Develop a culture of collaboration within your organization and within a community of other lean practitioners.
- Connect with all levels of manufacturing leaders at other plants to learn from one another.
Advanced Manufacturing Consortium Membership Includes:
- Quarterly Benchmarking Sessions which are held at a facility within your regional consortium group, showcasing the host company’s best practices or a topic of interest to the group.
- Two Intensive Learning Sessions designed to provide in-depth knowledge or expertise to a specific area or topic of interest for the group.
- An opportunity to attend at least one session outside of your regional area each year.
- Two seats for each consortium event in your region.
The CEO Roundtable provides a secure forum for leaders of manufacturing companies to meet and share ideas, experiences, and challenges. Through GaMEP’s CEO Roundtables, manufacturing leaders:
- Participate in closed-group discussions with other CEOs and owners of manufacturing companies.
- Contribute, listen, and learn from other manufacturing leaders’ experiences.
- Seek alternatives when facing difficult decisions at their plant.
- Have an outlet to share challenges with others who understand what you are going through.
- Help each other promote strategic change and growth.
Where are the groups located?
- Advanced Manufacturing Consortium groups are centralized around GaMEP regions and are available in Augusta, Central Georgia, Metro Atlanta (two groups), Northwest Georgia, West Georgia, South Georgia, and Northeast Georgia. Contact GaMEP if you are interested in joining one of these growing groups.
- CEO Roundtables are located in Southwest and North Georgia. If you are interested in joining one or have a group of CEOs interested in starting one in another area, contact GaMEP.