Georgia is home to more than 200 automotive-related facilities, and the automotive industry contributes more than $3B to our economy. Leading automotive companies have consistently chosen Georgia as their home for manufacturing, assembly, headquarters, and innovation centers. Because of Georgia’s location on the East coast, the State has become the central supplier location for the automotive industry, providing companies access to Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport, the world’s busiest and most efficient airport, and the Port of Savannah, the leading eastern seaboard auto part import center. To better serve this niche market, GaMEP employs automotive experts to assist with industry needs. Contact Mike Stonecipher firstname.lastname@example.org for automotive-focused services.
- Best Practices for Workforce Development – Online
- From the executive ranks to frontline associates, developing people is at the core of building a great company. This one-day training will examine ways to train and coach employees as part of a strategic plan for organizational excellence.
- Leading for Organizational Excellence – Sept. 15 – Oct. 27 – Online
- In this course, you will gain an understanding of the basic framework of effective leadership, leanr the importance of building and engaging leadership teams within your organization, and how to overcome the barriers and challenges in today’s manufacturing environment.
- ISO 45001 Transition –
- This course will help organizations who are transitioning from OHSAS 18001 to ISO 45001. It focuses on the requirements of ISO 45001 and the steps for a successful transition within your organization.
Other Training Opportunities Available by Request:
- Industry Core Tools Training – Organizations that have mastered the Core Tool processes can assure that their customers will receive a consistently high quality, reliable product. If you are interested in signing up for the next cohort, please contact Mike Stonecipher – ude.hcetag.etavonninull@rehpicenotS.ekiM or 706-338-4012.
- ISO Standards
- IATF 16949
- Automotive Industry Core Tools
- Total Productive Maintenance, TPM
- Single Minute Exchange of Dies, SMED
- Lean Six Sigma
Lean and Process Improvement Services
Conduct a no-cost walk-through of your manufacturing facility to give you an outsider’s view of your operations from a lean perspective, talk with your team, assess opportunities, and recommend next steps. Download the Lean Assessment Flyer.
Value Stream Mapping
Streamline an individual process, technology, or group interaction using the VSM tool to map out your current process, your ideal process, and key points for implementing real change. Download the Value Stream Mapping Flyer.
Quality Core Tools for Automotive Manufacturers
Manage your existing business and reach for new business opportunities. Implement the Quality Core Tools required by IATF 16949 to guarantee your operation and products meet the quality requirements necessary for the automotive industry. Download the Quality Core Tools for Automotive Manufacturers Flyer.
Lean Six Sigma Training
Get White, Yellow, Green, or Black Belt training for your organization and develop Lean Six Sigma Champions to help improve the efficiency of your production process while simultaneously eliminating waste from the process. Download the Lean Six Sigma Training Flyer.
Strategy & Leadership Development Services
Managing for Daily Improvement
Get your team on board to fully support your organization’s direction. By directly involving them in developing key performance indicators, they will understand how to measure for good and bad days, communicate more effectively, increase their problem-solving skills, and support process improvement efforts. Download the Managing for Daily Improvement Flyer.
Using a combination of classroom instruction and coaching along with practical application, you and your team can choose from any combination of five-hour training sessions to gain the skills needed to be most successful in your current situation. Download the Leadership Essentials Flyer.
Strategic Planning Development and Deployment
Learn to utilize a systematic strategic planning process to develop and deploy a strategic plan that aligns your organization to ensure that everyone is working toward the same business goals. Download the Strategic Planning Flyer.
Grow your business by filling a technology gap to help you produce a product, implement a process, or find other manufacturers that need an underutilized technology you have within your plant. Download the Technology Scouting Flyer.
- Automotive Industry Action Group https://www.aiag.org/
- International Automotive Task Force https://www.iatfglobaloversight.org/
- Society of Automotive Engineers International https://www.sae.org/
- Society of Manufacturing Engineers https://www.sme.org/
- International Organization for Standardization https://www.iso.org/home.html
- American Society for Testing and Materials https://www.astm.org/