Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs and cGMPs) for Food and Beverage Manufacturing Short Course
Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) are required for every food and beverage manufacturing plant. It’s a mandatory part of:
- Governmental Compliance (USDA and FDA)
- Third-party Food Safety Audits
- Included in Most Customer Quality Expectations
This course will review the current GMPs (cGMPs) required for FDA’s FSMA regulation but is also applicable to plants under USDA inspection. GMPs consist of personal hygiene rules, plant and environmental conditions, and sanitary equipment to ensure that food is being manufactured, stored, and distributed under sanitary conditions. This is a foundational prerequisite program for any HACCP and Food Safety Plan.
This course will explain the exact GMP requirements for different governmental agencies, the core requirements for these regulations, and best practices on how to achieve compliance. Participants will learn how to comply with the GMP portion of governmental inspections and third-party and customer audits. This training will also teach students how to establish an internal auditing program to monitor GMP and other food safety/quality programs. Lastly, participants will learn the fundamentals on how to effectively train personnel to set your program up for success.
By the end of the training course, participants will be able to:
- Understand the components and requirements of USDA GMPs and FDA FSMA cGMP within the food and beverage industry.
- Implement a GMP program through the organization to ensure sanitary and processing requirements are being met.
- Verify the effectiveness of a GMP program through internal audits.
- Ensure the success of a GMP program through effective employee training.
The course is designed for:
- Food and Beverage Manufacturing and Distribution Personnel
- Facility Managers and Front-Line Supervisors
- Quality Assurance and Sanitation Staff
- Operational and Maintenance Staff
- Anyone who may be inspected by a regulatory body (USDA or FDA) or third party auditors (GMP Audits, BRC, SQF, GFSI, etc.)
- Half-Day (5-hours) Live Webcast (on the Zoom platform)
- Date: December 15, 2020
- Time: 8 am – 1 pm EST
- Location: Online, Live Webcast
- Cost: $250 (Contract of Services will be sent to you for signature)
- Wendy White, Project Manager, Food Safety & Quality for GA Tech GaMEP, ude.hcetagnull@etihww
- Prerequisite: None
- A certificate of participation will be sent to those that successfully complete the entire training class.
GMP Class Registration
The following is required to successfully complete the course and to obtain the Certification of participation:
- Internet and computer capabilities
- Actively attend and participate (including chatroom responses and oral responses through audio AND video during the instructor-led course (on ZOOM)
- Access to ZOOM and loaded before class begins: https://www.zoom.us/
- Camera must stay on during the whole course instruction period
Missing or delayed responses to questions, exercises, and activities is considered an absence and the class fees are forfeited with no certificate from the instructor.
- 8:00 – 10:30 am: Intro to GMP’s, regulatory requirements, GMP deep-dive
- 10:30 – 10:45am: Break
- 10:45am – 1:00pm: GMP deep-dive continued, internal audits, & effective training
- 1:00pm: Adjourn
*If you are interested in also registering for the Food Allergens Short Course on December 18th, the total cost for both classes (GMP and Food Allergens) will be $400. For more information and to register, please visit the webpage here.