GaMEP hosts events and training courses throughout the year for manufacturers in each of our ten regions. In addition, GaMEP supports our partners as they host events throughout the state. If you have questions about any of the events listed below, please contact Megan Johnson, GaMEP Marketing Manager, Outreach, at email@example.com.
2023 Manufacturing Industry Outlook
Manufacturing is a critical sector of the economy – we look at trends for the coming year, the future of manufacturing and discuss areas of the business manufacturers should focus on for success for 2023 and beyond.
Hermeus Facility Tour
Join Next Generation Manufacturing for a tour of the innovative and growing Hermeus production facility in Atlanta, GA!
Building the world’s fastest aircraft and “Bringing Newspace to Aviation”. Hermes mission is to radically accelerate air travel, developing Mach 5 aircraft to connect people faster and bring innovation to commercial flight. With innovations including creating the ability to fly from NYC to London in just 90 minutes this highly innovative company is a leader in the industry!
Managing for Daily Improvement is a disciplined approach of measurement and communication that aligns the organization to a common vision, purpose, and understanding of success. Join us to explore the basics of MDI and strategies for implementation that could have you reaping significant benefits in less than a month.
- Speaker: Katie Hines, GaMEP Project Manager
- Price: $20 (lunch included) if you register by January 17th. Price will increase to $25 on January 18th.
- Location: Historic Jackson County Courthouse in Jefferson
For more information and to register, click here.
This event is part of the Manufacturing Growth Meeting Series that provides quarterly educational meetings that deliver actionable tips and tools of the trade specifically designed to help Georgia Manufacturers grow their business.
The Manufacturing Growth Educational Meetings are held in various locations around the state. We currently have meetings in Albany, Acworth, Augusta, Clarkston, Dalton, Jefferson, LaGrange, Lawrenceville, Macon, Savannah, and Valdosta, GA. Meetings include lunch, networking, a presentation, case studies, and a question and answer period.
GaMEP Manufacturing Growth Meeting Events
This quarterly educational event series delivers actionable tips and tools of the trade specifically designed to help Georgia Manufacturers grow their business.
- Developing Front-line Leaders: Identifying and Training Employees for Success – June 13th in Covington
- Using Sustainability Strategy to Impact Your Bottom Line – June 21st in LaGrange
- Building Better Leaders with Self-awareness, Self-control, and Empathy – June 27th in Lawrenceville
- Cyber Hygiene Practices to Protect Your Business – June 28th in Dalton
- Cyber Hygiene Practices to Protect Your Business – August 8th in Macon
- Best Practices for New Employee Retention – August 16th in Acworth
- Leveraging Industry 4.0 Technologies to Improve Organizational Competitiveness – August 22nd in Savannah
- Building Better Leaders with Self-awareness, Self-control, and Empathy – August 31st in Augusta
Additional GaMEP Events and Webinars
GaMEP offers targeted and statewide webinars throughout the year to assist manufacturers with quick training on a particular topic.
- Nondestructive Evaluation for Advanced Manufacturing – June 20th – Online
- CMMC 2.0 Roadmap Workshop – June 27th in Warner Robins
- CMMC 2.0 Roadmap Workshop – August 31st in Savannah
- CMMC 2.0 Roadmap Workshop – October 18th in Atlanta
GaMEP Training Courses
GaMEP offers training courses for manufacturing leaders and team members on topics related to process improvement, quality, advanced technology, energy management, sustainability, and more. Courses are conducted throughout the year at our Atlanta campus as well as custom courses held at your location.
GaMEP offers two certificate programs. The Manufacturing Leadership Certificate prepares individuals to lead, improve, and sustain an organization’s long-term operational and business performance. The Quality Core Tools Certificate trains your team to meet the quality requirements necessary to maintain and grow your business.
- Statistical Process Control (SPC) – June 6th – 13th Online
- Creating Metrics to Drive Performance – June 6th – 9th Online
- Food Entrepreneur Training Program – June 13th – 14th in Atlanta
- Streamlining the Project Management Process for Manufacturing – June 14th Online
- Production Part Approval Process (PPAP) – June 20th Online
- 50001 Cert Practitioner in EMS – July 10th – 13th in Atlanta
- ISO 9001:2015 Internal Quality Auditing – July 11th – 12th in Atlanta
- Food Entrepreneur Training Program – July 12th in Atlanta
- ISO 9001:2015 Lead Auditor Training – July 17th – 21st Online
- 14001:2015 Internal Audit TPECS – July 24th – 26th Online
- 14001 Lead Auditor TPECS – July 24th – 27th Online
- 14001:2015 Team Leader (TL) TPECS – July 27th Online
- Root Cause Analysis – August 24th in Atlanta
Please note this listing only includes upcoming training courses. For information on courses scheduled later in the year, please check our Training Page.
GaMEP hosts and supports our partners as they host events throughout the state to provide additional networking and educational opportunities for manufacturers.
More events coming soon!