GaMEP hosts events and training courses throughout the year for manufacturers in each of our ten regions. In addition, GaMEP supports our partners as they host events throughout the state. If you have questions about any of the events listed below, please contact Megan Johnson, GaMEP Marketing Specialist, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
From the executive ranks to front-line associates, developing people is at the core of building a great company. This one-day training will examine ways to train and coach employees as part of a strategic plan for organizational excellence.For more information and to register: https://b.gatech.edu/3D0dB1W
Develop the ability to provide critical technical assistance to industrial and commercial facilities that want to become certified to ISO 50001. Review an internal audit procedure based on ISO 50001 and be prepared to take the 50001 CP EnMS exam.
This course completes on November 30th.For more information and to register: https://b.gatech.edu/2XtIETy
Would you like to lead with organizational excellence? In this course, you will gain an understanding of the basic framework of effective leadership. Instructors will cover the importance of building and engaging leadership teams within your organization. Walk away knowing how to overcome the barriers and challenges in today’s manufacturing environment, and to successfully engage a culture of organizational excellence.
This course completes on October 27th with a final competencies review in GoToMeeting. Students will be provided instructions for this activity in class on September 15th.For more information and to register: https://b.gatech.edu/3sBduFu
GaMEP Manufacturing Growth Meeting Series (MGM)
This quarterly educational event series delivers actionable tips and tools of the trade specifically designed to help Georgia Manufacturers use strategy to grow their business.
- Leveraging Industry 4.0 Technologies to Improve Organizational Competitiveness – October 25th in Savannah
- Cyber Hygiene Practices to Protect Your Business – November 3rd in Covington
GaMEP Events and Webinars
GaMEP offers targeted and statewide webinars throughout the year to assist manufacturers with quick training on a particular topic.
- EnMS, A Pathway to Carbon Neutrality – September 28th online
- Regulatory Requirements to Achieve Sustainable Excellence – October 25th online
- Georgia Regulatory Breakfast 2022 – November 10th in Atlanta
- Sustainability Challenges in Manufacturing – November 16th online
- Science Based Targets initiatives (SBTi) Within Your Manufacturing Organization – December 14th online
GaMEP Training Courses
GaMEP offers training courses for manufacturing leaders and team members on topics related to process improvement, quality, advanced technology, energy management, sustainability, and more. Courses are conducted throughout the year at our Atlanta campus as well as custom courses held at your location. We also offer a Manufacturing Leadership Certificate to educate new or rising leaders of a company or those needing a refresher in how to lead, support, and sustain continuous improvement efforts across the entire manufacturing plant.
- ISO 9001:2015 Lead Auditor Training – September 19th-23rd in Atlanta
- Lean Boot Camp: Applying Process Improvement Tools – September 27th-29th in Atlanta
Please note this listing only includes upcoming training courses. For information on courses scheduled later in the year, please check our Training Page.
GaMEP hosts and supports our partners as they host events throughout the state to provide additional networking and educational opportunities for manufacturers.
- Refrigerated Foods Association – 2022 Virtual Fall Symposium – September 20th-21st – Online
- SAE Atlanta – Industry 4.0 + Total Productive Maintenance – September 29th – Online
- GAMA- Southern Automotive Conference – October 5th-7th in Atlanta
- Technology Association of Georgia – Cybersecurity 101 for CMMC – October 11th – Online
- Eleventh Annual Next Generation Manufacturing Signature Event – October 17th in Atlanta