GaMEP hosts events and training courses throughout the year for manufacturers in each of our ten regions. In addition, GaMEP supports our partners as they host events throughout the state. If you have questions about any of the events listed below, please contact Caley Landau, GaMEP Marketing Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
GaMEP Manufacturing Growth Meeting Series (MGM)
This quarterly educational event series delivers actionable tips and tools of the trade specifically designed to help Georgia Manufacturers grow their business and are held in various locations around the state. We currently have meetings in Acworth, Augusta, Clarkston, Columbus, Cordele, Dalton, Douglas, Jefferson, Lawrenceville, Macon, Savannah, and Valdosta, GA. Meetings include lunch, networking, a presentation, case studies, and a question and answer period.
- Making Automation Part of Your Strategic Plan – May 7th in Dalton
- Hands-on Ergonomics: Simple Methods and Tools to Decrease Workplace Injuries – May 15th in Augusta
- Turning Recycling into a Revenue Source – May 16th in Acworth
- Creating a Culture of Problem Solvers – May 22nd in Columbus
- Building a “Front-Line First” Culture – June 18th in Lawrenceville
- Systematic Problem Solving – June 20th in Cordele
- Reducing Employee Turnover – August 6th in Jefferson
- Solving Problems with Effective Employee Training – August 20th in Dalton
- Creating a Culture of Problem Solvers – August 22nd in Augusta
- Complying with Food Safety Standards – August 27th in Lawrenceville
GaMEP Training Courses
GaMEP offers training courses for manufacturing leaders and team members on topics related to process improvement, quality, advanced technology, energy management, sustainability, and more. Courses are conducted throughout the year at our Atlanta campus as well as custom courses held at your location. We also offer a Manufacturing Leadership Certificate to educate new or rising leaders of a company or those needing a refresher in how to lead, support, and sustain continuous-improvement efforts across the entire manufacturing plant.
- ISO 9001:2015 Lead Auditor Training – April 29th-May 3rd in Atlanta
- Best Practices in Workforce Development: Building Your Team for World-Class Performance – May 1st in Atlanta
- Superior Energy Performance (SEP) Performance Verifier Training – May 7th-9th in Atlanta
- Streamlining the Project Management Process for Manufacturing – May 8th in Atlanta
- Lean Office and Administration – May 9th in Atlanta
- Creating Metrics to Drive Performance – May 13th-14th in Atlanta
- Implementing Your ISO 9001:2015 System – May 20th-22nd in Atlanta
- ISO 14001: 36-Hour Certified Lead Auditor Training – June 17th-21st in Atlanta
- Jump-Starting Your Lean Effort: An Overview and Live Simulation of Lean Manufacturing – June 19th-20th in Atlanta
- ISO 9001:2015 Lead Auditor Training – July 8th-12th in Atlanta
- Root Cause Analysis – July 11th in Atlanta
- Implementing Your ISO 9001:2015 System – July 15th in Atlanta
- ISO 14001: 36-Hour Certified Lead Auditor Training – July 15-19th in Atlanta
- Lean Boot Camp: Training a Lean Champion – August 6th-9th in Atlanta
- Leading for Organizational Excellence – September 18th in Atlanta
- Creating Metrics to Drive Performance – October 7th-8th in Atlanta
- Lean Office Administration – October 9th in Atlanta
- Best Practices in Workforce Development: Building Your Team for World-Class Performance – October 15th in Atlanta
Please note this listing only includes upcoming classroom-based training courses. For online course information or courses scheduled later in 2019, please check our Training Page.
GaMEP offers targeted and statewide webinars throughout the year to assist manufacturers with quick training on a particular topic.
- Webinar: Can You Lower Your Utility Costs and Lower the Temperature on Your Production Floor? – May 21st
- Webinar: Compliance Updates: The Unknowns of E-Waste and How They Could Affect Your Organization – June 6th
- Webinar: What is Risk in Management System Standards? – August 8th
GaMEP supports our partners as they host events throughout the state to provide additional networking and educational opportunities for manufacturers.
- Quality & Risk Based Standards Summit – Presented by DNV GL and GaMEP at Georgia Tech – May 1st in Atlanta
- Flavors of Georgia – Seasoned by the Big Green Egg – Presented by Next Generation Manufacturing – May 1st in Tucker
- Association of Manufacturing Excellence (AME) Atlanta Lean Summit – May 6th-9th in Atlanta