GaMEP hosts events and training courses throughout the year for manufacturers in each of our ten regions. In addition, GaMEP supports our partners as they host events throughout the state. If you have questions about any of the events listed below, please contact Caley Landau, GaMEP Marketing Manager, at email@example.com.
GaMEP Manufacturing Growth Meeting Series (MGM)
This quarterly educational event series delivers actionable tips and tools of the trade specifically designed to help Georgia Manufacturers grow their business and are held in various locations around the state. We currently have meetings in Acworth, Augusta, Clarkston, Columbus, Cordele, Dalton, Douglas, Jefferson, Lawrenceville, Macon, Savannah, and Valdosta, GA. Meetings include lunch, networking, a presentation, case studies, and a question and answer period.
- Building a “Front-Line First” Culture – June 18th in Lawrenceville
- Reducing Employee Turnover – August 6th in Jefferson
- Solving Problems with Effective Employee Training – August 20th in Dalton
- Managing for Daily Improvement – August 21st in Valdosta
- Creating a Culture of Problem Solvers – August 22nd in Augusta
- Complying with Food Safety Standards – August 27th in Lawrenceville
- Creating a Culture of Problem Solvers – August 29th in Acworth
GaMEP Training Courses
GaMEP offers training courses for manufacturing leaders and team members on topics related to process improvement, quality, advanced technology, energy management, sustainability, and more. Courses are conducted throughout the year at our Atlanta campus as well as custom courses held at your location. We also offer a Manufacturing Leadership Certificate to educate new or rising leaders of a company or those needing a refresher in how to lead, support, and sustain continuous-improvement efforts across the entire manufacturing plant.
- ISO 14001: 36-Hour Certified Lead Auditor Training – June 17th-21st in Atlanta
- Jump-Starting Your Lean Effort: An Overview and Live Simulation of Lean Manufacturing – June 19th-20th in Atlanta
- ISO 9001:2015 Lead Auditor Training – July 8th-12th in Atlanta
- Root Cause Analysis – July 11th in Atlanta
- Implementing Your ISO 9001:2015 System – July 15th in Atlanta
- ISO 14001: 36-Hour Certified Lead Auditor Training – July 15-19th in Atlanta
- Lean Boot Camp: Training a Lean Champion – August 6th-9th in Atlanta
- ISO 50001 Energy Lead Auditor Training – August 19th-22nd in Atlanta
- 50001 Certified Practitioner in Energy Management Systems (50001 CP EnMS) – August 26th-29th in Atlanta
- ISO 9001:2015 Lead Auditor Training – September 9th-13th in Atlanta
- ISO 14001 Overview – September 16th in Atlanta
- Leading for Organizational Excellence – September 18th in Atlanta
- Implementing Your ISO 9001:2015 System – September 23rd-25th in Atlanta
- ISO 9001:2015 Internal Quality Auditing – October 7th-8th in Atlanta
- Creating Metrics to Drive Performance – October 7th-8th in Atlanta
- Lean Office Administration – October 9th in Atlanta
- Root Cause Analysis – October 10th in Atlanta
- Streamlining the Project Management Process for Manufacturing – October 14th in Atlanta
- Best Practices in Workforce Development: Building Your Team for World-Class Performance – October 15th in Atlanta
- ISO 9001:2015 Lead Auditor Training – October 28th-November 1st in Atlanta
- Implementing Your ISO 9001:2015 – November 11th-13th in Atlanta
- ISO 14001: 36-Hour Certified Lead Auditor Training – November 11th-15th in Atlanta
- Lean Boot Camp: Training a Lean Champion – November 12th – 15th in Atlanta
- ISO 50001 Energy Lead Auditor Training – December 2nd-5th in Atlanta
Please note this listing only includes upcoming classroom-based training courses. For online course information or courses scheduled later in 2019, please check our Training Page.
GaMEP offers targeted and statewide webinars throughout the year to assist manufacturers with quick training on a particular topic.
- Webinar: Job Shop Quoting: How to Streamline Your Process – July 9th
- Webinar: Machine Shop Sales and Growth Strategies – August 6th
- Webinar: What is Risk in Management System Standards? – August 8th
- Webinar: How to Take a Proactive Approach to Marketing Your Machine Shop – September 10th
GaMEP supports our partners as they host events throughout the state to provide additional networking and educational opportunities for manufacturers.
- Webinar: NSF/H1 Food Machinery Lubricants – Understanding the Basics – Presented by Tech Help – June 19th
- Fifth Annual Success in Manufacturing: The Woman’s Perspective – Presented by Next Generation Manufacturing – August 8th in Atlanta
- Ninth Annual Next Generation Manufacturing Signature Event – September 26th in Atlanta