GaMEP hosts events and training courses throughout the year for manufacturers in each of our ten regions. In addition, GaMEP supports our partners as they host events throughout the state. If you have questions about any of the events listed below, please contact Caley Landau, GaMEP Marketing Manager, at email@example.com.
- 0606.January.SundayNo events
- 0707.January.MondayNo events
- 0808.January.TuesdayNo events
- 0909.January.WednesdayNo events
- 1010.January.ThursdayNo events
- 1111.January.FridayNo events
- 1212.January.SaturdayNo events
GaMEP Manufacturing Growth Meeting Series (MGM)
This quarterly educational event series delivers actionable tips and tools of the trade specifically designed to help Georgia Manufacturers grow their business and are held in various locations around the state. We currently have meetings in Acworth, Augusta, Clarkston, Columbus, Cordele, Dalton, Douglas, Jefferson, Lawrenceville, Macon, Savannah, and Valdosta, GA. Meetings include lunch, networking, a presentation, case studies, and a question and answer period.
- Reducing Employee Turnover – April 3rd in Douglas
- Transformative Strategic Planning – April 9th in Jefferson
- Coaching Skills to Create Behavioral Change – April 23rd in Macon
- Making Automation Part of Your Strategic Plan – May 7th in Dalton
- Hands-on Ergonomics: Simple Methods and Tools to Decrease Workplace Injuries – May 15th in Augusta
- Turning Recycling into a Revenue Source – May 16th in Acworth
- Creating a Culture of Problem Solvers – May 22nd in Columbus
- Building a “Front-Line First” Culture – June 18th in Lawrenceville
- Systematic Problem Solving – June 20th in Cordele
GaMEP Training Courses
GaMEP offers training courses for manufacturing leaders and team members on topics related to process improvement, quality, advanced technology, energy management, sustainability, and more. Courses are conducted throughout the year at our Atlanta campus as well as custom courses held at your location. We also offer a Manufacturing Leadership Certificate to educate new or rising leaders of a company or those needing a refresher in how to lead, support, and sustain continuous-improvement efforts across the entire manufacturing plant.
- ISO 14001: 36-Hour Certified Lead Auditor Training – March 25th-29th in Atlanta
- Leading for Organizational Excellence – March 27th in Atlanta
- ISO 50001 Energy Lead Auditor Training – April 8th-11th in Atlanta
- ISO 9001:2015 Internal Quality Auditing – April 15th-16th in Atlanta
- Root Cause Analysis – April 18th in Atlanta
- ISO 9001:2015 Lead Auditor Training – April 29th-May 3rd in Atlanta
- Best Practices in Workforce Development: Building Your Team for World-Class Performance – May 1st in Atlanta
- Superior Energy Performance (SEP) Performance Verifier Training – May 7th-9th in Atlanta
- Streamlining the Project Management Process for Manufacturing – May 8th in Atlanta
- Lean Office and Administration – May 9th in Atlanta
- Creating Metrics to Drive Performance – May 13th-14th in Atlanta
- Implementing Your ISO 9001:2015 System – May 20th-22nd in Atlanta
- ISO 14001: 36-Hour Certified Lead Auditor Training – June 17th-21st in Atlanta
- Jump-Starting Your Lean Effort: An Overview and Live Simulation of Lean Manufacturing – June 19th-20th in Atlanta
Please note this listing only includes upcoming classroom-based training courses. For online course information or courses scheduled later in 2019, please check our Training Page.
GaMEP offers targeted and statewide webinars throughout the year to assist manufacturers with quick training on a particular topic.
- Webinar: Controlling Your Energy Costs: Tools for Automating Your Energy Management – April 4th
- Webinar: Can You Lower Your Utility Costs and Lower the Temperature on Your Production Floor? – May 21st
- Webinar: Compliance Updates: The Unknowns of E-Waste and How They Could Affect Your Organization – June 6th
- Webinar: What is Risk in Management System Standards? – August 8th
GaMEP supports our partners as they host events throughout the state to provide additional networking and educational opportunities for manufacturers.
- Georgia Association of Manufacturers Safety Conference and Awards Luncheon – March 26th in Atlanta
- Georgia Tech Manufacturing and Robotics Workshop – March 27th-28th in Atlanta
- Movers & Makers Awards – Presented by Partnership Gwinnett – March 28th in Duluth
- Georgia Manufacturing Appreciation Week Luncheon and Manufacturer of the Year Awards – Presented by the Technical College System of Georgia and the Georgia Department of Economic Development – April 18th in College Park
- Association of Manufacturing Excellence (AME) Atlanta Lean Summit – May 6th-9th in Atlanta