GaMEP hosts events and training courses throughout the year for manufacturers in each of our ten regions. In addition, GaMEP supports our partners as they host events throughout the state. If you have questions about any of the events listed below, please contact Megan Johnson, GaMEP Marketing Specialist, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 2828.October.SundayNo events
- 2929.October.MondayNo events
As a manufacturer, you’re continuously streamlining your processes to drive efficiencies.
You manage costs down to the dollar. Why should your employee healthcare costs be any different?
Join Pete Smith and Suzannah Gill of EPIC for a fun and informative lunch event at King of Pops on October 30th!
They will share the proven strategies that employers are using to reduce healthcare costs, enhance benefits and care, and increase EBITDA.
In addition to the presentation, you’ll have the opportunity to tour King of Pops’ new manufacturing facility and sample their delicious pops.
King of Pops started as a single pop pushcart on a street corner in Atlanta and has developed into a regional retail, catering and wholesale business selling millions of pops each year! Don’t miss the chance to tour this amazing company!
For more information and to register: http://www.nextgenerationmfg.org/Events.aspxhttps://gamep.org/event/dod-cybersecurity-webinar/
It is imperative that all DOD suppliers meet the DOD requirement (standard 800-171) in order to supply the Department of Defense.
By attending this 90-minute webinar you will be able to:
- Understand the basic requirements of the standard
- Learn what you need to do to meet those requirements
- Gain important steps to get you started Why is it important that you meet the DOD requirement?
The next time your contract comes up for renewal, you will be asked if you meet this requirement. If you do not, your contract is at risk for renewal, resulting in a loss of business. The webinar is presented by GaMEP and partner CytellixFor more information and to register: https://register.gotowebinar.com/register/777567320128382723
- 3131.October.WednesdayNo events
- 0101.November.ThursdayNo events
- 0202.November.FridayNo events
- 0303.November.SaturdayNo events
GaMEP Manufacturing Growth Meeting Series (MGM)
This quarterly educational event series delivers actionable tips and tools of the trade specifically designed to help Georgia Manufacturers grow their business and are held in various locations around the state. We currently have meetings in Acworth, Augusta, Clarkston, Columbus, Cordele, Dalton, Douglas, Jefferson, Lawrenceville, Macon, Savannah, and Valdosta, GA. Meetings include lunch, networking, a presentation, case studies, and a question and answer period.
- Tips, Tricks, and Hacks for Investing in Smart Manufacturing Technology – POSTPONED
- Transformative Strategic Planning – April 2nd in Savannah – POSTPONED
- Achieve More Transparency in Your Supply Chain – April 16th in Acworth – POSTPONED
- Prepare Before the Inspection: OSHA Updates and New Recommendations – April 22nd in Valdosta – POSTPONED
- Change Management: Helping Your Team Prepare for What’s Next – April 29th in Macon – POSTPONED
GaMEP Training Courses
GaMEP offers training courses for manufacturing leaders and team members on topics related to process improvement, quality, advanced technology, energy management, sustainability, and more. Courses are conducted throughout the year at our Atlanta campus as well as custom courses held at your location. We also offer a Manufacturing Leadership Certificate to educate new or rising leaders of a company or those needing a refresher in how to lead, support, and sustain continuous-improvement efforts across the entire manufacturing plant.
- Best Practices in Workforce Development: Building Your Team for World-Class Performance – September 9th online
- Leading for Organizational Excellence – September 16th-October 28th online
- ISO 9001:2015 Lead Auditor Training – September 21st-25th online
- Creating Metrics to Drive Performance – October 5th-8th online
- Lean Office and Administration – October 8th-9th online
Please note this listing only includes upcoming classroom-based training courses. For online course information or courses scheduled later in 2019, please check our Training Page.
GaMEP offers targeted and statewide webinars throughout the year to assist manufacturers with quick training on a particular topic.
GaMEP and Partner Events
GaMEP hosts and supports our partners as they host events throughout the state to provide additional networking and educational opportunities for manufacturers.