GaMEP hosts events and training courses throughout the year for manufacturers in each of our ten regions. In addition, GaMEP supports our partners as they host events throughout the state. If you have questions about any of the events listed below, please contact Megan Johnson, GaMEP Marketing Specialist, at email@example.com.
Manufacturers across the country and across the street use MFG Day as an opportunity to inspire and recruit the next generation of manufacturers.
Find out more about events being held in Georgia: https://bit.ly/2DmJCGL
Make your office operate more efficiently. Gain a practical understanding of lean continuous improvement techniques and how they can enhance your company’s ability to compete.
Find out more and register at: https://b.gatech.edu/2Nvxzf4
|As a manufacturer, you’re continuously streamlining your processes to drive efficiencies.|
You manage costs down to the dollar. Why should your employee healthcare costs be any different?
Join Pete Smith and Suzannah Gill of EPIC for a fun and informative lunch event at King of Pops on October 30th!
They will share the proven strategies that employers are using to reduce healthcare costs, enhance benefits and care, and increase EBITDA.
King of Pops started as a single pop pushcart on a street corner in Atlanta and has developed into a regional retail, catering and wholesale business selling millions of pops each year! Don’t miss the chance to tour this amazing company!
For more information and to register: http://www.nextgenerationmfg.org/Events.aspx
It is imperative that all DOD suppliers meet the DOD requirement (standard 800-171) in order to supply the Department of Defense.
By attending this 90-minute webinar you will be able to:
- Understand the basic requirements of the standard
- Learn what you need to do to meet those requirements
- Gain important steps to get you started Why is it important that you meet the DOD requirement?
The next time your contract comes up for renewal, you will be asked if you meet this requirement. If you do not, your contract is at risk for renewal, resulting in a loss of business. The webinar is presented by GaMEP and partner Cytellix
GaMEP Manufacturing Growth Meeting Series (MGM)
This quarterly educational event series delivers actionable tips and tools of the trade specifically designed to help Georgia Manufacturers grow their business and are held in various locations around the state. We currently have meetings in Acworth, Augusta, Clarkston, Columbus, Cordele, Dalton, Douglas, Jefferson, Lawrenceville, Macon, Savannah, and Valdosta, GA. Meetings include lunch, networking, a presentation, case studies, and a question and answer period.
GaMEP Training Courses
GaMEP offers training courses for manufacturing leaders and team members on topics related to process improvement, quality, advanced technology, energy management, sustainability, and more. Courses are conducted throughout the year at our Atlanta campus as well as custom courses held at your location. We also offer a Manufacturing Leadership Certificate to educate new or rising leaders of a company or those needing a refresher in how to lead, support, and sustain continuous-improvement efforts across the entire manufacturing plant.
- Leading for Organizational Excellence – March 31st-May 12th online
- ISO 50001 Energy Lead Auditor Training – April 5th-8th online
- ISO 9001:2015 Internal Quality Auditing – April 19th-20th online
- ISO 9001:2015 Lead Auditor Training – April 26th-30th online
- Lean Office and Administration – May 6th online
- ISO 45001 Transition – May 10th-12th online
- ISO 50001-2018 Internal Audit – May 19th-20th online
- Superior Energy Performance (SEP) Performance Verifier Training – June 4th-July 2nd online
- Creating Metrics to Drive Performance – June 8th-9th online
- Streamlining the Project Management Process for Manufacturing – June 16th online
- Lean Boot Camp: Applying Process Improvement Tools – June 22nd-24th in Atlanta
- 14001:2015 Internal Audit TPECS – July 12th-14th online
- 14001 Lead Auditor TPECS – July 12th-15th online
- ISO 9001:2015 Internal Quality Auditing – July 13th-14th online
- Root Cause Analysis – July 15th online
- ISO 9001:2015 Lead Auditor Training – July 19th-23rd online
- Advanced Lean Boot Camp: Training the Continuous Improvement Leader – July 27th-29th in Atlanta
Please note this listing only includes upcoming classroom-based training courses. For online course information or courses scheduled later in 2019, please check our Training Page.
GaMEP offers targeted and statewide webinars throughout the year to assist manufacturers with quick training on a particular topic.
- ISO 14001 Revision Update: Help Sustain Your Business Improvements by Implementing an Environmental Management System (EMS) – May 6th
- Metrics for Improving Sustainability and Your Environmental Performance Data – July 8th
- Reducing GHG Emissions Through Low to No Costs Energy Efficiency Projects – September 2nd
GaMEP and Partner Events
GaMEP hosts and supports our partners as they host events throughout the state to provide additional networking and educational opportunities for manufacturers.