GaMEP hosts events and training courses throughout the year for manufacturers in each of our ten regions. In addition, GaMEP supports our partners as they host events throughout the state. If you have questions about any of the events listed below, please contact Caley Landau, GaMEP Marketing Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
GaMEP Manufacturing Growth Meeting Series (MGM)
This quarterly educational event series delivers actionable tips and tools of the trade specifically designed to help Georgia Manufacturers grow their business and are held in various locations around the state. We currently have meetings in Acworth, Augusta, Clarkston, Columbus, Cordele, Dalton, Douglas, Jefferson, Lawrenceville, Macon, Savannah, and Valdosta, GA. Meetings include lunch, networking, a presentation, case studies, and a question and answer period.
- Making Automation Part of Your Strategic Plan – January 29th in Augusta
- How to Run a Successful Kaizen Event – January 30th in Macon
- Making Automation Part of Your Strategic Plan – January 31st in Valdosta
- Hands-on Ergonomics: Simple Methods and Tools to Decrease Workplace Injuries – February 5th in Jefferson
- Uses and Benefits of Smart Glass on the Shop Floor – February 12th in Acworth
- Improve Your Warehouse Layout to Maximize Efficiency – February 20th in Columbus
- Maintenance Excellence: A Proactive Approach to Improving Equipment Reliability – February 20th in Dalton
- Uses and Benefits of Smart Glass on the Shop Floor – March 20th in Lawrenceville
- Transformative Strategic Planning – April 9th in Jefferson
- Making Automation Part of Your Strategic Plan – May 7th in Dalton
- Hands-on Ergonomics: Simple Methods and Tools to Decrease Workplace Injuries – May 15th in Augusta
- Building a “Front-Line First” Culture – June 18th in Lawrenceville
GaMEP Training Courses
GaMEP offers training courses for manufacturing leaders and team members on topics related to process improvement, quality, advanced technology, energy management, sustainability, and more. Courses are conducted throughout the year at our Atlanta campus as well as custom courses held at your location. We also offer a Manufacturing Leadership Certificate to educate new or rising leaders of a company or those needing a refresher in how to lead, support, and sustain continuous-improvement efforts across the entire manufacturing plant.
- ISO 14001 Overview – February 18th in Atlanta
- ISO 9001:2015 Lead Auditor Training – February 25th-March 1st in Atlanta
- Implementing Your ISO 9001:2015 System – March 11th-13th in Atlanta
- Lean Boot Camp: Training a Lean Champion – March 19th-22nd in Atlanta
- ISO 14001: 36-Hour Certified Lead Auditor Training – March 25th-29th in Atlanta
- Leading for Organizational Excellence – March 27th in Atlanta
- ISO 50001 Energy Lead Auditor Training – April 8th-11th in Atlanta
- ISO 9001:2015 Internal Quality Auditing – April 15th-16th in Atlanta
- Root Cause Analysis – April 18th in Atlanta
- ISO 9001:2015 Lead Auditor Training – April 29th-May 3rd in Atlanta
- Best Practices in Workforce Development: Building Your Team for World-Class Performance – May 1st in Atlanta
- Superior Energy Performance (SEP) Performance Verifier Training – May 7th-9th in Atlanta
- Streamlining the Project Management Process for Manufacturing – May 8th in Atlanta
- Lean Office and Administration – May 9th in Atlanta
- Creating Metrics to Drive Performance – May 13th-14th in Atlanta
- Implementing Your ISO 9001:2015 System – May 20th-22nd in Atlanta
- ISO 14001: 36-Hour Certified Lead Auditor Training – June 17th-21st in Atlanta
- Jump-Starting Your Lean Effort: An Overview and Live Simulation of Lean Manufacturing – June 19th-20th in Atlanta
Please note this listing only includes upcoming classroom-based training courses. For online course information or courses scheduled later in 2019, please check our Training Page.
GaMEP offers targeted and statewide webinars throughout the year to assist manufacturers with quick training on a particular topic.
- Webinar: Top 5 OSHA Violations in the Food and Beverage Industry – February 7th
- Webinar: Can You Lower Your Utility Costs and Lower the Temperature on Your Production Floor? – March 14th
- Webinar: Controlling Your Energy Costs: Tools for Automating Your Energy Management – April 4th
- Webinar: Compliance Updates: The Unknowns of E-Waste and How They Could Affect Your Organization – June 6th
- Webinar: What is Risk in Management System Standards? – August 8th
GaMEP supports our partners as they host events throughout the state to provide additional networking and educational opportunities for manufacturers.
- Creating the Next: Defense Innovation Conference – Presented by Georgia Tech Procurement Assistance Center (GTPAC) – January 14th in Atlanta
- Tour of Metcam – Presented by Next Generation Manufacturing – January 24th in Alpharetta
- Private Equity for Manufacturers – Presented by Next Generation Manufacturing – Feburary 7th in Atlanta
- Tour of Shire Facility – Presented by Next Generation Manufacturing – February 28th in Social Circle
- Movers & Makers Awards – Presented by Partnership Gwinnett – March 28th in Duluth
- Georgia Manufacturing Appreciation Week Luncheon and Manufacturer of the Year Awards – Presented by the Technical College System of Georgia and the Georgia Department of Economic Development – April 18th in College Park