Manufacturers are invited to learn from your peers in the industry and share best practices!
Discussion will include:
- Manufacturers who have utilized traditional workforce resources, including the advantages of working with the Technical College System of Georgia, the benefits, determining roles that are needed and implementation of development.
- Utilizing workforce investment training such as US DOL Apprenticeships, ESL and Customized Maintenance Training.
- Manufacturers who have engaged alternative workforce development pipelines within their operations, including Second Chance Programs, the legal refugee community, the homeless population, Work Based Learning, True Apprenticeships and ESL to strengthen internal and external pipelines.
- Recruiting and career pathway mapping strategies for high school students.
- Monetary incentives available for manufacturers incorporating apprenticeships, alternative workforce pipelines, training and internships into their workforce.
- Speakers include leadership with manufacturing companies, the TCSG, and alternative workforce development organizations.
Event will be held at Lanier Technical College in Gainesville, GA.