The GaMEP is closely monitoring the COVID-19/coronavirus recovery effort. We are committed to you, our manufacturers, and our mission to serve manufacturers across Georgia. Our greatest concern is for the health, safety, and well-being of our clients and staff. As a Unit of Georgia Tech, we will continue to comply with its operational directives, and that of the University System of Georgia.
As we continue to navigate this uncertain time together, we would like to be your resource for the latest information on the virus, how this will impact your business, and how we can help you recover. Please continue to visit this resources page for the latest in helpful links, webinars, and current information.
COVID-19 Assistance Request Form
- Areas of Service – The GaMEP offers a multitude of services to help in your COVID-19 recovery. Click here to see a list of our virtual and in-person offerings.
- OSHA 10-Hour Training – In this class you will be introduced to common workplace hazards, as well as how to recognize and prevent them. Class size is limited to 40 people. Contact us for more information on when the next class will be offered.
- FREE Virtual Consultation – Contact the Georgia Tech Occupational Safety & Health Group for help in creating an Infectious Disease Preparedness & Response Plan.
- Webinars – Visit the Next Generation website for upcoming webinars on “Looking Beyond COVID-19”
- Best Practices Guide to Virtual Communication – Read more here.
Safety and Health
- In response to the current COVID-19 outbreak, the Georgia Tech OSHA Consultation program is partnering with the Georgia Manufacturing Extension Program to provide free, virtual meetings with companies to discuss strategies and plans for creating and implementing an Infectious Disease Preparedness and Response Plans. The Georgia Tech OSHA Consultation program is staffed with safety and health professionals, with training in pandemic preparedness and backgrounds in public health. We are committed to ensuring that manufacturing businesses in the state of Georgia get the assistance they need during this difficult time. Each meeting will cover how to develop an Infectious Disease Preparedness and Response Plan, strategies for business continuity, guidance on effective disinfection strategies for manufacturing plants, and recommended resources. To request an online meeting, please fill out the following form: https://oshainfo.gatech.edu/virtual-compliance-assistance-form/. You can also visit their website to connect with the team.
Back to Work (by industry) – https://www.backtoworksafely.org
World Health Organization: https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019
CDC Environmental Cleaning and Disinfection Recommendations for COVID-19. Click here.
Georgia Department of Public Health: https://dph.georgia.gov/novelcoronavirus
Georgia Environmental Compliance Assistance Program– https://gecap.org/
Georgia Tech’s COVID-19 response page: http://health.gatech.edu/coronavirus
United States Department of Labor: OSHA Administration
United States Environmental Protection Agency: Disinfectants for Use Against SARS-CoV-2
Economic & Financial Relief
Paycheck Protection Program Resources:
IRS: Employee Retention Credit available for businesses impacted by COVID-19 (HERE). This program is designed to encourage businesses to keep employees on their payroll. The refundable tax credit is 50% of up to $10,000 in wages paid by an eligible employer whose business has been financially impacted by COVID-19.
Treasury and IRS Release FAQs to Help Small and Midsize Businesses Navigate Paid Sick and Family Leave Tax Credits (HERE)
Department of Labor Announces New Paid Sick Leave and Expanded Family and Medical Leave Implementation (HERE). The department’s Wage and Hour Division (WHD) posted a temporary rule issuing regulations pursuant to this new law, effective , April 1, 2020.
Assistance for American Workers and Families: In the weeks immediately after the passage of the CARES Act, Americans will see fast and direct relief in the form of Economic Impact Payments. For more information, CLICK HERE.
Assistance for Small Businesses: The Paycheck Protection Program prioritizes millions of Americans employed by small businesses, eligible nonprofit organizations, Veterans organizations, Tribal businesses, and individuals who are self-employed or are independent contractors, are eligible if they also meet program size standards.
- For a top-line overview of the program, click here
- If you’re a lender, more information can be found here
- If you’re a borrower, more information can be found here
- The application for borrowers can be found here
Georgia Chamber of Commerce: https://www.gachamber.com/covid19/
Economic Injury Relief Program Overview: https://mcusercontent.com/5b4ffe6d68fd7462e33a77527/files/19399600-96ee-4cf5-ab51-4295ba7e2a79/SBA_Conference_Call.pdf
State of Georgia: https://www.georgia.org/covid19
Georgia Dept. of Community Development: https://www.georgiasbdc.org/georgia-small-business-recovery/
Department of Labor: Unemployment Claims
Travel Advisories: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/international-travel.html
Foundation for Manufacturing Excellence: http://www.mfgfoundation.com/covid-19-guidance-resources-for-small-and-medium-manufacturers/
DOL Releases Round 2 of COVID-19 Frequently Asked Questions Covering Issues Related to the H-2A Temporary Agricultural Labor Certification Program (HERE). The Office of Foreign Labor Certification released Round 2 of FAQ’s. They address potential issues regarding the H-2A temporary agricultural labor certification program
CIRAS (Iowa): https://www.ciras.iastate.edu/covid-19/
Impact Washington: https://www.impactwashington.org/covid-19-resources-for-manufacturers.aspx
A short course for Better Virtual Meetings – Many businesses are having to adjust routines to ensure their employees’ safety, which may include working remotely. DDI wants to help you achieve the best results during this difficult situation by offering this free 20 minute microcourse.
Critical Needs and Response Resources
Georgia COVID-19 Suppliers: https://www.georgia.org/covid19suppliers
Coronavirus Rumor vs. Fact: https://www.fema.gov/coronavirus/rumor-control
Specifications for medical devices: https://www.fda.gov/medical-devices/personal-protective-equipment-infection-control/medical-gowns
ANSI Federation’s COVID-19 response efforts, visit www.ansi.org/COVID-19
- GaMEP Webinars
- To Mask or Not to Mask: That is the Question (From Manufacturers) – Recorded Webinar
- Manufacturing in Georgia: A Survey Response Overview and A Look Ahead – Recorded Webinar
- Leading Beyond Crisis Management – Discover How to Become the Employer of Choice – Recorded Webinar
- Connecting Georgia Suppliers and Buyers of Critical Items to fight COVID-19 – Recorded Webinar
- PPE – Assessing Risk, Calming Fears & Protecting your Workforce – Recorded Webinar
- COVID-19: Resources for Success – Recorded Webinar
- A Call to Action for Manufacturers: Meeting the Need for Critical Medical Supplies – Recorded Webinar
- Mitigating Safety Risk in a Time of Pandemic – Guidance on Preparing Workplaces for COVID-19 – Recorded Webinar
- Lean Recovery™ – Practical Steps for Responding to Crisis – Recorded Webinar
- Navigating the Medical Device Approval Process – Recorded Webinar
- Creating a Communication flow during COVID-19 by using Managing for Daily Improvement (MDI) – Recorded Webinar
- Financial Aid for Manufacturers and Small Businesses (CARES Act, PPP, & SBA loans) – Recorded Webinar
- How 6S can help you stay safe and organized during the COVID-19 crisis – Recorded Webinar
- Continuing to work safely, efficiently and profitably during the COVID-19 crisis – Recorded Webinar
- Implementing electronic management system audits during COVID-19 – Recorded Webinar
- Top 10 Energy/Cost Saving Recommendations for your Plant – Recorded Webinar
- TPM – A team approach to Machine Reliability – Recorded Webinar
- Safe at Work – A Guide to Reopening – Recorded Webinar
- Guidelines & Best Practices for the Food Industry in the Era of COVID-19 – Recorded Webinar (Password: 5v#!$#3@)
- Partner Webinars
- Protect the Health & Safety of Your Employees & Operations COVID-19: Health Hazards, Prevention & OSHA Guidance Updates – Recorded Webinar
- Click to download of the Coronavirus/COVID-19 Risk Mitigation Efforts Webinar. A discussion of the virus’s ability to impact your current business operational model and offers easy-to-implement strategies to guide you through this time of uncertainty.
- Consumer Brands Association – Recorded Webinars
- The Latest On The Coronavirus Outbreak For Food And Beverage Companies – This webinar summarizes the current state of knowledge about the virus, its epidemiology, transmission and control from the perspective of the food supply chain.
- World Health Organization – EPI-WIN COVID-19: how to ensure and maintain food supply and how to protect workers in the food industry and at retail.
- Lean Recovery™ – Practical Steps for Responding to Crisis – Recorded Webinar
Frequently Asked Questions
As GaMEP fields similar questions about COVID-19 and its effect on manufacturers, we will put the questions and answers here.
Question: What if my manufacturing plant is changing gears and starting to produce equipment that could be beneficial for the medical industry. How do I go about letting companies and organizations know that I have these items available?
Answer: The State of Georgia has posted an all-call for companies that can provide emergency/medical services with PPE. Visit https://www.georgia.org/gamep-c19 and add your contact information.