GaMEP works with more than 1,000 manufacturers each year to implement on-site projects, conduct training, and connect manufacturers to Georgia Tech resources and our partners throughout the state.
Our Goals are Simple and Impactful
- Understand the current state of your company.
- Learn about your future goals.
- Assist your team in utilizing strategies and tools to meet the needs of your organization.
- Advance your company’s competitiveness and ensure a sustainable future for manufacturing in Georgia.
What Sets Us Apart
- Practical experience working with leaders in manufacturing plants around the world.
- National and international experts in the areas of service we provide, resulting in immediate and long-term solutions that increase top-line growth and reduce bottom-line costs throughout your organization.
- A team-based approach that passes our knowledge along to you in order to sustain improvements in your plant once the project is complete.
- Ten offices across the state with a region manager living and working within each region.
- Over 30 project managers located within two hours of any manufacturing plant in Georgia.
- We succeed as you meet your goals: Our national sponsor measures how well we are doing by the impacts you receive from working with us.
- We become your partner and your connection to Georgia Tech and our statewide partners.
How We Are Funded
GaMEP plays a key role in Georgia Tech’s economic development mission and is supported through a combination of funding from the State of Georgia, the U.S. Department of Commerce’s National Institute of Standards and Technology, and direct client fees.
Karen Fite directs GaMEP as well as other Georgia Tech-based programs serving manufacturers. She is responsible for connecting businesses, manufacturers, and communities to Georgia Tech’s extensive innovation and technology services, which are designed to elevate their competitive position and economic
Associate Director and Group Manager, Process Improvement
Tim Israel oversees GaMEP’s efforts to help organizations reduce waste, improve manufacturing operations, and implement quality systems. He also manages our teams of lean- and quality-project managers located around the state.
Expertise: Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma, Quality Management Systems.
Education: M.S. and
Group Manager, Energy and Sustainability
Bill Meffert oversees the development, transfer, and adoption of energy and environmental best practices and innovations in industry and commercial buildings.
Expertise: Energy Management, Industrial Energy Efficiency, Water Conservation, ISO 50001, Culture Change, Energy Systems, Process Optimization.
Education: M.S. and BME in
Group Manager, Growth Services
Don Pital and his team train and coach companies on innovative techniques for organizational sales growth and innovation-process management strategies.
Expertise: Business Transition, Innovation, Product Development, Project Management, Cybersecurity.
Education: M.S. and B.S. in Ceramic Engineering from Georgia Tech. Certified Business Growth
Marketing and Operations Manager
Katie Takacs oversees the outreach efforts of GaMEP and the operational structure supporting GaMEP’s reporting and administrative functions.
Expertise: Marketing, Project Management, Social Media, Business Development.
Education: MBA from Nova Southeastern University, B.S. in Business Administration and Marketing from the University of
Regional Network Manager, West Georgia Region Manager
Derek Woodham helps companies in his region improve their operations while also connecting them to additional resources at GaMEP, Georgia Tech, and partner organizations.
Expertise: Lean Enterprise, Six Sigma, Plant Layout and Design, Innovation, Leadership Development, Problem Solving.
Education: MBA from LaGrange
GaMEP divides the state into ten regions. Each region is led by a region manager, who both works and lives within the region they serve. The region manager helps assess each manufacturer’s needs and connects them to resources within GaMEP, Georgia Tech, and our partners across the state. Contact your local region manager.