GaMEP works with more than 1,000 manufacturers each year to implement on-site projects, conduct training, and connect manufacturers to Georgia Tech resources and our partners throughout the state.
Our Goals are Simple and Impactful
- Understand the current state of your company.
- Learn about your future goals.
- Assist your team in utilizing strategies and tools to meet the needs of your organization.
- Advance your company’s competitiveness and ensure a sustainable future for manufacturing in Georgia.
What Sets Us Apart
- Practical experience working with leaders in manufacturing plants around the world.
- National and international experts in the areas of service we provide, resulting in immediate and long-term solutions that increase top-line growth and reduce bottom-line costs throughout your organization.
- A team-based approach that passes our knowledge along to you in order to sustain improvements in your plant once the project is complete.
- Ten offices across the state with a region manager living and working within each region.
- Over 30 project managers located within two hours of any manufacturing plant in Georgia.
- We succeed as you meet your goals: Our national sponsor measures how well we are doing by the impacts you receive from working with us.
- We become your partner and your connection to Georgia Tech and our statewide partners.
How We Are Funded
GaMEP plays a key role in Georgia Tech’s economic development mission and is supported through a combination of funding from the State of Georgia, the U.S. Department of Commerce’s National Institute of Standards and Technology, and direct client fees.
Group Manager, Energy and Sustainability
Green oversees the development, transfer, and adoption of energy and environmental best practices and innovations in industry and commercial buildings. He provides technical assistance, training, and assessment services to manufacturers, and has also authored several software tools to support energy
Raine oversees the marketing and outreach efforts of GaMEP.
Expertise: Marketing, Project Management, Social Media, Business Development.
Education: B.A. in Marketing and Journalism from the University of Georgia.
Tim Israel directs the GaMEP and guides the program's efforts to advance Georgia manufacturing.
Expertise: Lean Manufacturing, Quality Management Systems, Supplier Development.
Education: M.S. and B.S. in Industrial Engineering from Georgia Tech.
Associate Director - Operations
Don Pital and his team train and coach companies on innovative techniques for organizational sales growth and innovation-process management strategies.
Expertise: Business Transition, Innovation, Product Development, Project Management, Cybersecurity.
Education: M.S. and B.S. in Ceramic Engineering from Georgia Tech. Certified Business Growth
Group Manager, Strategy and Leadership Development
Mike Stonecipher specializes in strategic planning, leadership development, and managing projects that will enable top-line growth and deliver bottom-line results through process innovation, team development, and lean implementation. He also connects automotive manufacturing companies to resources at GaMEP and Georgia
Industry Services Marketing Manager
Katie Takacs oversees the marketing and outreach efforts of Industry Services within the Enterprise Innovation Institute and manages the marketing services program for GaMEP, which helps small and mid-size manufacturers with their strategic marketing efforts.
Expertise: Marketing, Project Management, Social Media,
Group Manager, Operational Excellence
Paul Todd assists companies with the application of lean principles, process improvement tools, and change management through workshops, kaizen events, and shop-floor coaching.
Expertise: Lean Manufacturing, Plant Management, Leadership Development, Culture Change, Problem Solving.
Education: B.S. in Industrial Management from Georgia Tech.
Regional Network Manager, West Georgia Region Manager
Derek Woodham helps companies in his region improve their operations while also connecting them to additional resources at GaMEP, Georgia Tech, and partner organizations.
Expertise: Lean Enterprise, Six Sigma, Plant Layout and Design, Innovation, Leadership Development, Problem Solving.
Education: MBA from LaGrange
GaMEP divides the state into ten regions. Each region is led by a region manager, who both works and lives within the region they serve. The region manager helps assess each manufacturer’s needs and connects them to resources within GaMEP, Georgia Tech, and our partners across the state. Contact your local region manager.