TS 16949 Implementation and Internal Auditing
Are you an auto supplier interested in growing your business?
Nowadays a majority of auto manufacturers are requiring suppliers to be TS 16949 registered. This is a shift from previous years when only a handful was requiring implementation of the management system.
Due to the shift, it’s important that auto supply manufacturers implement TS 16949, the quality management system for the automotive industry, within their facility and know how to audit their own system in order to understand how to continuously improve in order to keep and grow your business.
As an add-on to ISO 9001, TS 16949 is a larger, more complicated system that utilizes supplementary books and additional tools in order to gain the additional requirements needed to meet TS 16949 certification.
For implementation of TS 16949, Georgia Tech will make a site visit to:
- Conduct a gap audit and help you develop an implementation plan
- Coach your team through QMS implementation
- Assist with the initial internal audits and management reviews
- Conduct a pre-assessment audit
- Help you correct system issues before the registration audit
For learning to audit your TS 16949 management system or understand how to first audit the system before incorporating it into your organization, Georgia Tech will come to your facility and lead a 4-day course, providing you with:
- Auditing Fundamentals
- TS requirements
- Objective evidence
- Interviewing techniques
- Writing non-conformities
- Verification of effectives
- 5 core tools of TS (FMEA, SPC, MSA, APQP, PPAP)
- A practice audit in your facility, using the audit plans and audit checklists that were developed during the course
Upon implementing a TS 16949 management system or learning to audit your existing system, your company will:
- Have the opportunity to gain more business
- Contribute to safer vehicles
- Produce fewer defects in product
- Create less wasted product
- Gain higher customer satisfaction
- Establish long-term business growth success