Superior Energy Performance (SEP) Training
SEP training starts with Georgia Tech - Learn from the experts who developed the standards and training material
Through the Superior Energy Performance (SEP) training program you will gain a roadmap to achieve continual improvement in energy efficiency. The SEP training program is a globally accepted system for verifying energy performance improvements and management practices within manufacturers. A team of Georgia Tech leading international experts in energy management wrote the training material for the SEP program and led the global effort to develop the ISO 50001 standard.
Benefits of SEP Training
By participating in Georgia Tech’s Superior Energy Performance training program, you will:
- Implement ISO 50001, the energy management system, in your plant
- Help foster a corporate culture of energy efficiency
- Incorporate energy efficiency strategies into your overall company’s business strategy
- Save your company money by conserving energy and reducing carbon
- Learn directly from the creators of the material and the ISO 50001 standard
Who Should Attend SEP Training
Energy professionals and auditors interested in assisting companies with ISO 50001 or SEP Certification
Details of the SEP Training Program
A central element of Superior Energy Performance is implementation of the global energy management standard, ISO 50001, with additional requirements to achieve and document energy performance improvements. SEP is a tiered approach that utilizes ISO 50001 as the foundation for energy management. ISO 50001 Certification is the first step to SEP Certification. Organizations must be ISO 50001 Certified in order to be Certified to SEP. All courses with links are open to the public. Click on a specific course and you will be connected to Georgia Tech’s Professional Education Web site, where there is information on each course, including dates, pricing, and registration. In addition to the open enrollment offerings, all of the below courses can be brought to your facility to train your team. For more information about bringing a course to your facility, contact Bill Meffert or your regional manager.
- Introduction to ISO 50001 - 6-hour online course that covers the elements of ISO 50001 and what they require. The course can be taken individually or as the pre-course for ISO 50001 Energy Lead Auditor Training.
- ISO 50001 Energy Lead Auditor Training - Learn to approach ISO 50001 from the professional auditor’s point of view by focusing on key audit skills that enhance auditing capability.
- Introduction to ISO 50001 + Basic Energy - 10-hour online course that provides you with information about basic energy and covers the elements of ISO 50001 and what they require. The course can be taken individually or as the pre-course for ISO 50001 Energy Lead Auditor Training.
- Certified Practitioner for Energy Management Systems - Provides critical technical assistance to industrial and commercial facilities that want to become certified to ISO 50001 and the Superior Energy Performance (SEP) program. View the eligibility requirements for CP EnMS Certification through the IEnMP.
- CPEnMS Optional Pre-courses for Auditors - This optional pre-course will help students acquire the basic knowledge required for the Certified Practitioner in Energy Management Systems (CP EnMS) Training.
- *Superior Energy Performance (SEP) Performance Verifier Training - Prepare for the SEP exam and learn to consistently assess plant energy performance improvement.
- *Superior Energy Performance (SEP) Lead Auditor Training - Prepare to become a Superior Energy Performance Lead Auditor. Students must be a Certified ISO 50001 Lead Auditor and be CP EnMS Certified. For pre-requisites, visit http://www.ienmp.com/la-detail.asp.
*These two courses can be taken in any order. Hear from several manufacturers across the Southeastern U.S. that implemented ISO 50001 and achieved significant energy efficiency improvements, which were verified under the SEP program.