Superior Energy Performance
Are you already registered to ISO 50001? Do you want the benefits of certified energy performance? If so, it’s time to take the next step and certify your energy management performance.
Georgia Tech experts’ help companies get certified to Superior Energy Performance, a program overseen by the U.S. Council for Energy Efficient Manufacturing, by providing industrial facilities with a roadmap for achieving continual improvement in energy efficiency while maintaining their competitiveness.
Georgia Tech can conduct customized training and implementation programs to help you achieve Superior Energy Performance certification.
Customized implementation programs are developed and typically include:
- Conducting a gap assessment to help you develop an implementation plan
- Coaching your team through EnMS implementation
- Assisting with the initial internal audits and management reviews
- Conducting a pre-assessment audit to ensure you are prepared for a registration audit
- Helping you correct system issues before the registration audit
- Establishing performance indicators that are compatible with the Superior Energy Performance Measurement & Verification (M&V) Protocol
- Establishing objectives and plans for meeting performance requirements of the Superior Energy Performance program
Earning Superior Energy Performance certification will help your company:
- Demonstrate that you have implemented sustainable energy management systems
- Complete a baseline of energy use
- Evaluate and prioritize the implementation of new energy-efficient technologies
- Create transparency and facilitate communication on the management of energy resources
- Commit to continuously improving your energy performance
- Provide a framework for promoting energy efficiency throughout the supply chain
In addition, you can register for one of the GaMEP open-enrollment courses in Superior Energy Performance or we can come to your site and train your team in the following areas:
- CPEnMS Optional Pre-Courses for Auditors: Auditors can refresh their knowledge in areas required for the Certified Practitioner in Energy Management Systems (CPEnMS) Training
- Certified Practitioner for Energy Management Systems: Provides critical technical assistance to industrial and commercial facilities that want to become certified to ISO 50001 and the Superior Energy Performance (SEP) program. View the eligibility requirements for CP EnMS Certification through the IEnMP
- *Superior Energy Performance (SEP) Lead Auditor Training: Prepare to become a Superior Energy Performance Lead Auditor. Students must be a Certified ISO 50001 Lead Auditor and be CP EnMS Certified. For pre-requisites, visit http://www.ienmp.com/la-detail.asp. This course is in the test phase and will be available in 2013.
- *Superior Energy Performance (SEP) Performance Verifier Training: This course is currently being developed.
Upon receiving Superior Energy Performance certification, your company will:
- Have the opportunity to receive benefits from utility companies and other energy efficiency organizations
- Save money
- Increase your profitability
- Achieve national and international recognition
- Increase your customer and supplier base
- Significantly improve your environmental impact
Did You Know?
Georgia Tech helped design the Superior Energy Performance program for the Department of Energy.
Hear from several manufacturers across the Southeastern U.S. that implemented ISO 50001 and achieved significant energy efficiency improvements, which were verified under the SEP program.