Occupational Safety & Health
Is staying safe an important part of your everyday job? Is it an important part of your company’s environment? Could your company be at risk for safety and health violations?
Meeting the OHSAS (Occupational Health and Safety Assessment Series) 18001 standard allows companies to operate in such a way that safety risks are minimized. OHSAS 18001, based on ISO 14001 and BSI 8800, is a system based approach that affects all company employees, contractors, and visitors.
Both project work and training are available for OHSAS 18001.
For project work, Georgia Tech will make a site visit to understand your current situation and help you develop a plan to establish, document, implement, maintain, and continually improve safety and health efforts within your company. Georgia Tech will help you:
- Draft or evaluate an OH&S policy to meet the requirements of the standard
- Determine how management of change can support improvements in safety and health
- Determine mechanisms for participation and consultation
- Identify opportunities for process and operational controls integration
- Identify existing OH&S performance metrics that meet OHSAS 18001 requirements
In addition to project work, we can come to your site and conduct a workshop on Understanding OHSAS 18001. Through instruction and simulated exercises, our team of experts will give you the tools necessary to integrate a formalized health and safety initiative within your organization.
Upon implementing OHSAS 18001, you will be able to:
- Minimize exposure to safety and health risks
- Reduce costs
- Support regulatory compliance
- Promote employee morale and confidence
- Reinforce positive reputation and image of your company
- Integrate with other management system standards
- Integrate safety and health into all aspects of your business