Some organizations are consistently in the news for the positive impact they are making on the environment. Others are in the news for the harm they are causing to the environment and are being pressured by their customers, employees, and stakeholders to make changes. Taking steps to create a sustainable organization is becoming more common and is bringing business opportunity to companies that are adapting. Whether it’s implementing an environmental management system, helping you become compliant with environmental regulations affecting your company, or helping minimize employee safety risks, Georgia Tech can customize a solution that best fits your needs.
Through implementing sustainable solutions, we can help your company:
- Enhance your brand image
- Gain a competitive advantage
- Boost customer satisfaction
- Increase customer retention
- Reduce operating costs
- Increase profitability
- Increase employee retention
- Minimize your environmental impact
- Keep your team safe
- And more
Who Will Benefit
Organizations interested in implementing sustainability and safety and health initiatives into their organization in order to keep their employees safe, reduce environmental impacts, and continually improve their company.
Services are provided through training courses, on-site assessments, and one-on-one coaching. Many of these services can also be applied to non-manufacturing companies.
The following courses are open to the public:
- Exploring ISO 14001 (online course) - Learn what you need to do at your organization to put an environmental management system in place and get registered
- ISO 14001:2004 EMS Lead Auditor Training - Approach ISO 14001:2004 registration from an auditor’s point of view
Any of the above courses plus the ones below can be customized and brought to your facility to train your team.
- Understanding OHSAS 18001 – get the tools necessary to integrate a formalized health and safety initiative within your organization
- Understanding ISO 14001 – Learn what is required and how to implement ISO 14001 in your manufacturing plant
- Exploring Your Environmental Footprint: A Common Sense Approach to Environmental Aspects and Impacts – learn to identify environmental aspects, determine and evaluate their impacts, and avoid common pitfalls
- EMS: Making the System Connections – develop the connections between your environmental planning results and additional areas of your environmental management system
- Internal Auditing for ISO 14001 – Learn to implement an internal auditing process throughout your organization