Value Stream Mapping
Is it taking too much time to get a product or service to your customer? Are there too many steps involved in this process?
Value Stream Mapping is a technique that helps you eliminate waste by mapping both your current state and future desired process and then defining the steps to get you there. The mapping process consists of identifying and evaluating both the individual steps and the staff and system roles within your process.
For project work, Georgia Tech will work with your team to:
- Help identify the product or service that needs to be improved upon
- Map out the current process and flow for that product or service
- Review the current process and flow to determine where there is waste and the steps necessary to eliminate the waste to streamline the process
- Map out where the process needs to be to meet your objectives
- Put the steps in place to get from your current state to your future state
Mapping your current and future state will help you:
- Visually see your process in its entirety
- Understand the bottlenecks within the process
- Identify the opportunities
- Execute change to operate more efficiently
In addition to project work, we can come to your site and train your team on how to develop a Value Stream Map. Through instruction and simulated exercises, our team of experts will give you the tools necessary to streamline your processes.
Upon implementing Value Stream Mapping, you will be able to:
- Identify and eliminate waste
- Streamline processes
- Prioritize areas to improve
- Implement change
- Save money and time