Lean / Process Improvement
Improving processes by working smarter helps to minimize waste within numerous areas of a company. Lean, a system for continuous process improvement, was developed primarily from the Toyota Production System (TPS), and helps to shorten the order-to-cash cycle by defining what is value according to the customer, and organizing and improving processes to deliver what is needed, when it is needed, and with minimal waste.
Whether it’s your plant floor, production line, front office, or more, we can customize a solution that best fits your needs. By implementing Lean methods, we can help your company:
- Decrease cycle time
- Reduce inventory and work-in-process
- Increase capacity
- Increase productivity while improving quality
- Streamline processes and workflow
- And more
Who Will Benefit
Manufacturing companies wanting to improve product and customer value, reduce costs, or increase profits. Lean methods are applicable to all type of enterprises, including Healthcare, Government, Institutional Organizations, and more.
Many of these Lean processes can also be applied to non-manufacturing companies. In addition, as a resource to manufacturers within Georgia, Georgia Tech offers four Lean Consortium Groups throughout the state.
The following courses are open to the public:
- Jump-Starting Your Lean Effort: An Overview and Live Simulation of Lean Manufacturing - Gain a competitive edge by transforming your business into a Lean enterprise
- Lean Boot Camp: Training a Lean Champion - Learn to apply Lean principles to positively impact profit, lead time, quality, and customer service
- 5S Workplace Organization - Learn to reduce accidents, improve efficiency and quality, and gain better workplace control
- Lean Office and Administration - Identify improvements needed in administrative processes and immediately implement solutions
- Lean Management and Tools for Manufacturing, Office, Healthcare, and Government/Education Sector (online course) - Tighten the way you do business and gain results you can see in your bottom line
- Lean Overview and Simulation for Healthcare - Gain an understanding of the concepts, methods and approaches of a Lean management system and how they apply to healthcare
- Lean Healthcare Training: How to Apply Lean Thinking to Healthcare Organizations – Learn to apply Lean principles to your healthcare organization
- Lean for Healthcare: Turnover Time Reduction – Learn to apply Lean concepts to reduce the amount of time required to "change over" a resource
Any of the above courses plus the ones below can be customized and brought to your facility to train your team.
- Setup Reduction / Changeover – Get the tools needed to quickly and efficiently set-up your machines
- Lean Overview – Gain an understanding of the Lean tools and the eight wastes, as well as experience a simulation which illustrates how Lean works
- Value Stream Mapping – Learn the tools and how to create current and future state maps to help guide your improvement efforts
Meet the Lean Experts
Did You Know?
Georgia Tech has four Lean Consortium Groups in Georgia designed to help members advance their knowledge and effective use of Lean principles through shared training and peer-to-peer relationships. Find out more about the Lean Consortium, How to Become a Member, and the list of Current Members, or contact your regional manager for more information today.