Senior Design Capstone Program
Do you have a product design or industrial problem in need of a solution?
As manufacturers in Georgia, you are now able to partner with Georgia Tech senior year engineering students to gain innovative and creative solutions to a problem your company is experiencing.
Firms of any size may participate by providing a small educational donation. From there:
- Industrial firm submits product design or industrial problem
- Student teams choose a project, design, build, and work on the solution throughout one semester
- Sponsor interacts with a student team throughout the program
- Student teams display their solutions and compete against other teams for cash prizes at an end of semester “Capstone Design Expo”
By participating in the Georgia Tech Senior Design Capstone Program, your company will:
- Interact with senior undergraduate engineers engineering students for potential recruitment
- Broaden your firm’s innovation horizon for new products and processes
- Advance your product design or solve your manufacturing challenge
- Provide engineering students with a real-world industrial challenge
If you are interested in participating in Georgia Tech's Senior Design Capstone Program, contact Don Pital.
Did You Know?
Past Georgia Tech Design Capstone teams have developed the following solutions for companies:
- A microfluidic cell sorter for detection of malaria
- Interactive, intelligent refrigerators
- Automatic electric vehicle charging system
- Bicycle gearing mechanism that compresses air into a chamber to aid in braking
- Modular, underwater vacuum and filtration system