Product Development for Manufacturers
Do you have a product development process in place, but want to develop and implement a more streamlined approach to bring new products to market faster?
Georgia Tech helps manufacturers establish a Lean process to develop and bring new products to market, utilizing their existing staff. In addition, we help companies identify and eliminate bottlenecks within their product development process, shorten development cycle time, and align development efforts with the production planning process.
Georgia Tech will make a site visit to conduct an assessment of your product development process. Working with you, we will develop a plan to create or improve your process, and then, based on the size of your company, current capabilities, and needs; we will coach you through implementation of a robust product development process that will help you:
- Integrate the development and production process
- Prioritize the projects based on your current manpower, resources, and the market
- Look at alternative ways to design products to reduce costs
- Eliminate bottlenecks within your design process
- Maximize development resource assignments
In addition, you can either enroll in our open-enrollment course, Lean Project Management Tools for Product Development, or we can come to your site to train your team. Through instruction and coaching, our team of experts will give you the tools necessary to streamline the process flow of a new product from concept, through development, to the finished product.
Upon streamlining your product development processes, your company will:
- Improve time to market
- Reduce costs
- Improve resource utilization
- Break down company silos
- Open up lines of communication
- Meet emerging market needs faster