Who is Eligible to Join a Lean Consortium Group?
Any size company or organization from the manufacturing, service, government, and healthcare sectors with:
- A vision for Lean within the organization
- A commitment and strategy for its implementation
- Successful Lean experiences to share within the Consortium
How to Join
GaMEP currently has Lean Consortium Groups in Augusta, Central Georgia, Northeast Georgia, Northwest Georgia, South Metro Atlanta, South Georgia, and the West Georgia regions. Additional Consortium Groups are in development for North Metro Atlanta and Coastal Georgia regions. If you are interested in joining the Consortium, click your region, and contact your Regional Manager for more information. If you are located outside of Georgia, contact us and we can help get you connected to a group in your state.
The Georgia Tech Enterprise Innovation Institute is responsible for verifying the eligibility of prospective members and extending all invitations to join.
Each member organization shall designate one individual, who is an employee of that organization, to serve as their primary representative in the Consortium. The primary representative will be the focal point for communication between the member and Georgia Tech and will organize and coordinate the member’s involvement in the Consortium. Any employee of the member organization may participant in the Consortium’s activities.
Click here for the complete Georgia Tech Lean Consortium document, including the structure of the groups, sponsorship, and additional membership details.
- Benchmarking Activities
- Networking Events
- Leadership Development
- Opportunity to host and attend Regional Group meetings
- Limited seating at scheduled training events
- Limited seating at special events
- Opportunity to organize and participate in Special Interest Group activities
- Access to the Lean Consortium Members Only section of the Web site (coming soon)
By joining a Lean Consortium, member companies agree to:
- Be active participants in the Consortium, attending at least 50% of their Regional Group meetings
- Host at least one Regional Group meeting or training event every two years*
- Provide feedback and ideas of how to make the Consortium function better
- Participate in Manufacturing Extension Partnership and other sponsor surveys, as applicable
*Each member company retains the right to limit attendance at any hosted event to maintain their confidentiality and to manage the resources required in hosting
Member organizations represent a single establishment, plant, or facility operating with a defined physical address. Annual membership pricing is based upon the total number of employees at your site. For information on pricing for your organization, contact the regional manager in your area.
A customized annual proposal is available for organizations that would like to have more than one site represented in the Consortium.
Fees are reviewed annually.