Lean / Process Improvement Training Courses
The GaMEP instructs both open enrollment and on-site training courses in areas such as Strategic Business Development, Lean / Process Improvement, Sustainability, Energy Management, Quality Management, and Product Development. Open enrollment courses are available to the public and are set on specific days. On-site training is customized and can be brought to your facility to train your team.
All courses with links are open to the public. Click on a specific course and you will be connected to Georgia Tech’s Professional Education Web site, where there is information on each course, including dates, pricing, and registration.
In addition to the open enrollment offerings, all of the below courses can be brought to your facility to train your team. For more information about bringing a course to your facility, contact Tim Israel or your regional manager.
- Jump-Starting your Lean Effort: An Overview and Live Simulation of Lean Manufacturing - Gain a competitive edge by transforming your business into a Lean enterprise
- Lean Boot Camp: Training a Lean Champion - Learn to apply Lean principles to positively impact profit, lead time, quality, and customer service
- Lean Office and Administration - Identify improvements needed in administrative processes and immediately implement solutions
- Lean Project Management Tools for Product Development- Streamline the process flow of a product from concept through development
- Root Cause Analysis - Get to the root of your company's recurring difficulties by tracing problems to their origins
- Lean and Safe: Safety-Integrated Process Improvement - Explore an integrated approach for improving both production processes and safety outcomes collaboratively
- Lean Management and Tools for Manufacturing Office, Healthcare, and Government/Education Sectors - Lean first started in manufacturing companies, but can easily be adapted for use in the healthcare field, educational organizations, government organizations, and administrative offices. This online course lets you choose the sector that you want to explore.
The following courses do not currently have any open enrollment sections available, but may be brought to your facility to train your team. For more information about bringing a course to your facility, contact Tim Israel or your regional manager.
- Lean Healthcare Training – How to Apply Lean Thinking to Healthcare Organizations – Learn to apply Lean principles to your healthcare organization
- Lean for Healthcare: Turnover Time Reduction – Learn to apply Lean concepts to reduce the amount of time required to "change over" a resource
- Lean Overview and Simulation for Healthcare - Gain an understanding of the concepts, methods and approaches of a Lean management system and how they apply to healthcare
- 5S Workplace Organization - Learn to reduce accidents, improve efficiency and quality, and gain better workplace control
- Lean Management and Tools for Manufacturing, Office, Healthcare, and Government/Education Sector - Tighten the way you do business and gain results you can see in your bottom line
- Setup Reduction/Changeover – Get the tools needed to quickly and efficiently set-up your machines
- Value Stream Mapping – Learn the tools and how to create current and future state maps to help guide your improvement efforts