ISO / IEC 17025
It is important that testing and calibration laboratories show that they have implemented and are maintaining a quality system for consistently achieving valid results. ISO/IEC 17025 is the quality management standard written specifically for testing and calibration laboratories.
Based on the ISO 9001 standard, ISO/IEC 17025 is made up of management requirements for the system, as well as technical requirements, adding in a level of competence necessary to demonstrate conformity with the standard.
Training and coaching are available for implementing a quality management system (QMS) specific to testing and calibration laboratories. We will provide you with the tools necessary to become ISO/IEC 17025-registered.
Georgia Tech will make a site visit to:
- Conduct a gap audit and help you develop an implementation plan
- Coach your team through QMS implementation
- Assist with the initial internal audits and management reviews
- Conduct a pre-assessment audit
- Help you correct system issues before the registration audit
Earning ISO/IEC 17025 registration will help you:
- Establish measurable objectives and a defined program
- Regularly audit, evaluate, and adjust your systems to conform to international requirements
- Gain client confidence in your products or service
- Demonstrate competency and continual improvement of the management system
Upon implementing a quality management system, your company will:
- Improve quality
- Improve efficiency and productivity
- Identify and resolve issues
- Meet customer and regulatory demands and expectations
- Increase customer satisfaction and retention
- Increase business