Are you ready to incorporate energy management best practices that will lead to sustained savings, continual energy performance improvement, and controlled costs?
By implementing ISO 50001, the newly developed international standard for energy management, you will be able to change the way your organization uses and manages energy and turn energy savings into sustainable gains.
Georgia Tech can conduct customized training and implementation programs to help you implement an energy management system (EnMS), based on a Plan-Do-Check-Act framework for continual improvement.
Customized implementation programs are conducted on-site and typically include:
- Conducting a gap audit to help you develop an implementation plan
- Analyze your energy data and develop performance indicators
- Identify significant energy uses and develop controls for optimizing energy consumption
- Coaching your team through ISO 50001 implementation
- Assisting with the initial internal audits and management reviews
- Conducting a pre-assessment audit
- Helping you correct system issues before the registration audit
- Training ISO 50001 internal and lead auditors
Earning ISO 50001-registration will help you:
- Align organizational strategies and goals with the accepted international standard
- Improve energy use and better manage energy costs
- Provide recognition for your customers and industry peers that you practice sustainable business operations
In addition, you can register for one of the GaMEP open-enrollment courses in ISO 50001 or we can come to your site and train your team in the following areas:
- Introduction to ISO 50001: 6-hour online course that covers the elements of ISO 50001 and what they require. The course can be taken individually or as the pre-course for ISO 50001 Energy Lead Auditor Training.
- ISO 50001 Energy Lead Auditor Training: Learn to approach ISO 50001 from the professional auditor’s point of view by focusing on key audit skills that enhance auditing capability. Check the qualifications for RABQSA ISO 50001 Lead Auditor Certification. This course includes Basic Energy and Introduction to ISO 50001 in the registration fee.
Upon implementing an energy management system, your company will:
- Lower energy costs
- Reduce environmental impact
- Create transparency on how energy resources are managed
- Be able to identify future projects that will integrate into your new structure
- Promote energy efficiency throughout your organization
- Establish positive external relations and public image
- Raise awareness and create greater employee stewardship
Did You Know?
Georgia Tech was a leader in the international effort to develop the ISO 50001 standard.
Hear Holly Grell-Lawe discuss Optimizing Your Energy Performance
Hear from several manufacturers across the Southeastern U.S. that implemented ISO 50001 and achieved significant energy efficiency improvements, which were verified under the SEP program.