Industry Specific Quality Standards
Meeting the highest level of quality is a necessity for many companies. It presents opportunities with suppliers, expands your market, and helps to increase business and profitability. Quality management system standards have been written specifically for numerous industries.
Based primarily on the ISO 9001 standard, the industry specific standards provide a list of requirements to monitor, control, and improve your product or service quality. Then through auditing, you continuously benchmark your system against the standards and make adjustments, as needed, to ensure that your products consistently meet customer and market needs.
Georgia Tech provides training and coaching for implementing quality management systems (QMS) specific to the aerospace, telecommunications, and automotive industry, as well as numerous other industries. We will come to your site and train your team, providing you with the tools necessary to become registered to such standards as: TL 9001, AS 9101, ISO/TS 16949, including APQP (Advanced Product Quality Planning), FMEA (Failure Mode Effects Analysis), PPAP (Production Part Approval Process) MSA (Measurement System Analysis), and SPC (Statistical Process Control).
Georgia Tech will make a site visit to:
- Conduct a gap audit and help you develop an implementation plan
- Coach your team through QMS implementation
- Assist with the initial internal audits and management reviews
- Conduct a pre-assessment audit
- Help you correct system issues before the registration audit
Earning registration for industry specific quality standards will help you:
- Establish measurable objectives
- Regularly audit, evaluate, and adjust your systems to conform to international requirements
- Gain client confidence in your products or service
Upon implementing a quality management system, your company will:
- Improve quality
- Improve efficiency and productivity
- Reduce waste
- Meet customer demands and expectations
- Increase customer satisfaction and retention
- Reduce costs and increase profits