How Do I Create a Safer Workplace?
How do we develop or improve upon workplace policies and procedures related to safety? How do we help make safety a part of the everyday culture? How do we keep employees updated on the latest safety regulations? Safety should be precedence for manufacturers. Let us help ensure your team’s safety.
Solutions to Create a Safer Workplace
Georgia Tech will work with you to find a customized solution to help make safety a priority within your organization. Recommendations could include one service or a combination of services, based on your company’s unique needs and goals. Examples of ways to create a safer workplace include, but are not limited to:
- Setup Reduction/Changeover – keeping safety of your employees in mind, learn to develop and implement a system to set-up machines in dramatically less time
- 5S / Layout – turn your work area into a clean, organized, and orderly space
- 6S – integrate safety into your 5S / Layout program
- OHSAS 18001 – develop a plan to establish, document, implement, maintain, and continually improve safety and health efforts within your company
- Food Safety Training (including training on ISO 22000, HACCP, and cGMP) – learn how to control food safety hazards in order to ensure that food is safe at the time of human consumption
- OSHA Workplace Training – Georgia Tech’s Occupational Training Institute Education Center (OTIEC) offers over 50 different training courses for safety and health related initiatives in the workplace
- Lean and Safe - learn how to combine the functions of lean and safety within your plant to ensure your process improvement efforts take into account safety and that your safety updates don't compromise your lean efforts
Why Georgia Tech?
The Georgia Tech GaMEP program provides a broad range of expertise in project management, engineering, implementation, and more. GaMEP:
- Connects clients to both Georgia Tech and state resources
- Is measured by client impacts, such as jobs retained and created, cost savings, and increased sales
- Is a state and federally funded program resulting in lower costs for industrial clients
- Contains nationally and internationally recognized project managers located throughout Georgia
- Is comprised of team members with years of hands-on implementation experience
- Has a deep knowledge base within the organization, helping to bring customized solutions to our clients
- Provides a team-based approach
- Teaches you the processes and how to succeed on your own
- Strives to be your partner